|Blood Type: Unknown|
|Occupation: Leader of the Soshiki|
|Weapon: Bare Fists|
|Appears in: Battle Arena Toshinden 3|
Abel is a fictional, playable character in the third installment of the Battle Arena Toshinden video game series. He made his first and only appearance in Battle Arena Toshinden 3, as both an unlockable sub-boss and the main antagonist of the game. He is the only character in the series who does not wield a weapon and instead fights using his own bare fists.
Abel is the leader of the Soshiki: a rival organization of Master's Himitsu Kessha. Abel was an avid worshipper of Agon Teos, whom he believed to be the Toshin: the God of Fighting. Abel's plan was to revive Agon Teos using the blood of powerful warriors and give him a human body. He had sent out Vermilion to the second Toshindabukai to gather information about the Toshinden fighters and see if their blood could be used for the ritual. Although Vermilion was discovered and defeated by Sho Shinjo, he was successful nonetheless. With the information, Abel concluded that they were powerful enough. For the human body, Abel had chosen an English teenage boy named David, whose parents were killed by Abel and his forces. During his time at the orphanage, David was attacked by Abel and that the Soshiki had attempted to capture him from within their own time, but David was able to escape from them and sought refuge with a Japanese gambler named Shizuku Fuji. To complete the ritual of bringing back Agon Teos, Abel had decided to hold the third Toshindabukai and draw out the blood sacrifices into his own trap. However, the Toshinden fighters were more powerful than Abel had expected and that they easily killed most of his followers. Abel himself was eventually confronted by Eiji Shinjo who, after a long battle, managed to defeat and kill Abel. With Abel's death, the Soshiki had fallen and most of its warriors were slain, except Vermilion, who would later rise again to participate in the fourth Toshindabukai held by Eiji.
Abel fights in barefists and utilizes both punches and kicks. He can tackle his opponent with a relative ease and summons several meteors or to shoot a multiple of fireballs to create a massive aura to obliterate his opponent. His fighting style is based from the Street Fighter's Ryu, Ken and Akuma's style known as Martial Arts rooted in Ansatsuken. His predecessor Veil also utilize this style but is slightly more damaging.
- Hakidan 波輝弾 (Hakidan, lit. Wave Shimmer Bullet): Abel can shoot a single projectile towards his opponent. This move is based on Ryu and Ken's Hadoken from Street Fighter.
- Korinhakidan 光輪波輝弾 (Korinhakidan, lit Light Ring Wave Shimmer Bullet): Abel uppercuts his opponent three times to set him/her in a blaze. This move is based on both Evil Ryu and Akuma's Messatsu Go-Shoryu from Street Fighter.
- Grand Tackle: Abel tackles his opponent to deal quick damage.
- Hell's Cyclone: Abel unleashes a powerful hurricane kick to damage his opponent. This move is a based on Ryu and Akuma's Shinku Tatsumaki from Street Fighter.
- Triple Illusion: Abel can teleport to avoid the enemy's attacks.
- Stardust Night: Abel summons several meteors to deal critical damage to his opponent. Can only be done if his Overdrive meter is full.
- Ultimate Phantom: Abel disappears in the dark to deal a barrage of blows towards his opponent to deal heavy damage. Can only be done if his life bar is flashing red. This move is based on Evil Ryu and Akuma's infamous Raging Demon.