Battle Arena Toshiden 3
Naru Amoh made her first appearance in Battle Arena Toshinden 2 as a background character for Kayin Amoh, but in Battle Arena Toshinden 3, she appeared as both the secret final boss of the game and as an unlockable hidden character. She then appeared as an initially playable character in Battle Arena Toshinden 4. In the second and third game, she is portrayed as a child, but in the fourth game, she has grown into a teenager.
Naru is Kayin's adoptive daughter, who was left at an orphanage at the end of the third Toshindaibukai by Kayin, for reasons unknown to her. Though she kept waiting and hoping, Kayin never returned. As time passed, she began to think that the reason her father had left her at the orphanage was because he saw her as a burden. However, she dismissed these thoughts and began training with Kayin's legendary sword; Excalibur, determined to master his fighting style and prove she was not useless to him.
On her sixteenth birthday, she ran away from the orphanage and set out to find her father and the true reason why he had never returned for her. After learning from Duke B. Rambert that Eiji Shinjo, her father's best friend, would probably know of Kayin's whereabouts, Naru received a pair of invitations to the infamous Toshindaibukai, each marked mysteriously with the initial "E".
Within time, she ran into both Rook Castle, a kung-fu fighter and fan of Eiji's, and Eiji's own student and nephew, Subaru Shinjo. After Naru told Subaru the story of her father's long friendship with his uncle and showed him the invitations, the three agreed to form a team for the fourth Toshindaibukai.
In her ending after defeating Vermillion, she was engulfed in a flash of yellow light as it whited out. She was later seen in another dimension and she hears her foster father's voice who she was worried to look for him as it forms the Four Sacred Arms into a ball of light. Naru was happy to see her foster father again and wants him and her to be a family again. Kayin as the ball of light later tells her to follow the path on what she believes in. When Naru sadly wants to wait for him after they met each other for a long time, the ball of light reverts back into the Four Sacred Arms as it scatters away and Naru looked upward and screams her foster father's name in anguish.
Naru does not realize that her foster father is dead after the events of the third Toshindaibukai and searching for his whereabouts and to seek the truth in participating the fourth Toshindaibukai with both Subaru and Rook is all for nothing.
Game Appearance Edit
Naru appears to have a long blonde hair which is tied in two ponytails and green eyes. She also wears a black and orange goggles as her headband and white earrings on her ear.
In her playable appearance in Toshinden Subaru, she is seen wearing a red leather jacket with gray shoulder pads and gray linings in each side of her jacket at the back of her jacket there was a heart shape imprinted on it. Underneath is a black high-neck sleeveless suit and stockings combo with a blue corset on her suit, red short shorts and white knee-high heeled boots. She also wears a brown fingerless gloves.
As a child during her background appearance in Battle Arena Toshinden 2 and as a hidden playable character in Battle Arena Toshinden 3, Naru's two ponytails have a style of ringlets and her eyes are blue. She was seen wearing a red vest under a white long sleeve button shirt with red folded sleeves and a red ribbon on her collar, red long frilly skirt, white stockings and red shoes.
Voice Actresses Edit
- Yuko Sumitomo (Toshinden 3, Japanese)
- Chisato Nakajima (Toshinden Subaru, Japanese)
Move Lists Edit
As a child in Battle Arena Toshinden 3, Naru's signature moves are based on her foster father Kayin's but having her signature moves of her own. In Toshinden Subaru, she finally improvises her movements to differ from her foster father's moves but few of her special attacks are retained.
Special Attacks Edit
- Sonic Slash: Naru shoots a multiple star projectile to her opponent with her sword. In Toshinden Subaru, she shoots a golden projectile with her sword.
- Deadly Raise: Naru charge and performs an imperfect version of this move. In Toshinden Subaru she rises diagonally in the air to damage the opponent with her sword resembling her foster father's move.
- Shoulder Crush: Naru does a split kick to her opponent. In Toshinden Subaru her Shoulder Crush is weaker and it becomes a reverse drill kick move and lands an imperfect split kick in electric fashion.
- Flaming Charge: Naru charges her opponent in flames with her sword. (Removed in Toshinden Subaru)
- Rising Sun: Naru jumps and perform a somersault kick but shoots multiple star projectile to her opponent in mid-air. In Toshinden Subaru, she jumps in mid-air to perform a somersault kick but shooting yellow electric projectiles to her opponent in mid-air. This is her own version of her foster father's Scottish Moon.
- Dragon's Breath: Naru shoots fire from her breath in two hits. (Removed in Toshinden Subaru)
- Hell's Gate: Naru elbows her opponent and performs a multi-hitting reverse drill kicks. This is her own version of Hell's Gate as opposed to her foster father's move where he unleashes a series of kicks in five hits and knocks his opponent with a Deadly Raise as an additional blow.
Secret Move Edit
- Rainbow Splash: Naru charges and performs a multiple reverse somersault kicks in different colors and knocks her opponent with a somersault kick. This is her own version of Rainbow Splash as opposed to her foster father's move where he performs multiple split kicks.
Desperation Move Edit
- Spinning Top: Naru will spin and dance with her sword to her opponent following with an imperfect Deadly Raise. (Removed in Toshinden Subaru)
- Hell's Inferno: Naru unleashes a series of kicks and slashes following both Shoulder Crush and Rising Sun and strikes her opponent with a weak Deadly Raise. This is her own version of Hell's Inferno as opposed to her foster father's move where he unleashes a series of kicks and an elbow followed with a Deadly Raise.