|Name: Sho Shinjo|
|Height: 5'9 (176cm)|
|Weight: 140lbs (63kg)|
|Blood Type: A|
Cupido (Wife, Deceased)
Eiji Shinjo (Brother)
Subaru Shinjo (Son)
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden 2
Battle Arena Toshinden 3
Sho Shinjo made his first appearance in Battle Arena Toshinden, as both the secret final boss of the game and as an unlockable hidden character. He also appeared as an unlockable hidden character/hidden boss in Battle Arena Toshinden 2, and an unlockable mid-boss in Battle Arena Toshinden 3. His moveset is mostly a blend of both Eiji Shinjo and Kayin Amoh's, although his attacks are slightly more damaging and in the third game, he is significantly faster.
Sho had trained his younger brother Eiji and Eiji's friend Kayin in the ways of the sword ever since the two were children. One day, however, Sho vanished without any trace, leaving Eiji and Kayin, as he felt they had reached an adequate level of swordsmanship and could train without him. He travelled the world over, taking the name "The Stranger", searching out and defeating all those who were even rumored to have any potential. Word reached Sho that Eiji had entered the Toshindaibukai, a tournament that was to be held for the strongest in the world. He watched his brother from afar and saw him facing Gaia in the finals.
Sho had entered the second tournament for the same reasons he did the first, to see if his brother had gotten stronger. During this tournament, he encountered Vermilion and defeated him, causing the black warrior to flee. Sho didn't care about his motives, for he had only one thing in mind: making Master and Uranus pay for making clones of him. He broke into the organization's main compound and killed Uranus and Master. He then walked out of the building just as Gaia arrived.
In the third game, Sho had finally faced Eiji, and his brother managed not only to defeat him, but bring down the Soshiki as well. Impressed, Sho decided to leave his son Subaru with Eiji. He asked Eiji if he could take care of him and train him the same way he had trained Eiji. Eiji accepted, and Sho had continued to travel around the world looking to get stronger.
In Toshinden Subaru, Sho is not a playable character, yet appears in Subaru's ending in the form of a glowing ball (produced by the linking ıf the Four Sacred Arms). This could imply that Sho died after the events of the third game.
Furthermore, in Toshinden Subaru, Eiji's alternate costume is the same as Sho's primary costume in the Toshinden Series (albeit with a visor covering his face).
Game Appearance Edit
Sho appears to have a long maroon hair with long single fringes in each side of his head and is tied in a low ponytail with a distinctive dolphin tail and purple eyes. For most of his appearances, he was seen wearing a gold and red sleeveless tunic with a gold sash to tucked on his tunic and a large purple hood at the center of his tunic. Underneath is a black and golden yellow short sleeve shirt with gold shoulder bands in each sides of his shoulders, black pants and brown thigh high boots with two silver straps in every side of his boots. He also wears brown bracelets in each wrists.
In his character screen and his in-game appearance, his hair becomes shoulder length and his fringe are short.
In the OVA version, his real appearance is shown in the near end of the movie who has him wearing a red long sleeve tunic shirt with a red orange sash and is tucked into his tunic shirt, black pants and black boots. He also wears a black ninja armguards instead of brown bracelets that he wore in the game and his maroon long hair becomes reddish brown and a pink laced ribbon is hanging loose on his low ponytail. His clone version of himself in the movie remains the same as the tunic shirt that he wears is purple and the sash changed from red orange to pink.
His alternate costume is still his primary outfit but minor changes, the hood becomes blue as his tunic and his thigh-high boots changed to dark gray and his skin becomes almost tan and his long hair becomes purple.
Battle Arena Toshinden 2Edit
Why does he fight? Why does he sacrifice everything in following the way of the sword? In front of the proud and lonely warrior Sho, words have nomeaning. The unshakeable confidence in his eyes, and the eloquence of his sword, tell all. Will Sho, better known as the Stranger, continue on his quest forever?
Battle Arena Toshinden 3Edit
Sho's sword is razor sharp, keen enough to cut through any shadow. All those who dared to challenge were felled by the power of his mighty blade.Sho's high ideals will never fully be realized. But the brilliance of his aura burns brightly, and all fighters stand in awe of him. As his power and skill increase, there may no longer be any rivals left strong enough to challenge him.
- Masaaki Ohkura (games) (Toshinden 1) (Japanese)
- Ryotaro Okiayu (games) (Toshinden Remix, Toshinden 2, Toshinden URA) (Japanese)
- Masaya Onosaka (games) (Toshinden 3, Toshinden 4) (Japanese
- Martin Galipolar (Toshinden 1, Toshinden Remix) (English)
- Bin Shimada (OVA) (Japanese)
- Chris Yates (OVA) (English)
Move Lists Edit
Sho's signature moves are a blend on both Kayin and his younger brother Eiji's moves but also has other signature moves of his own. Like his younger brother, Sho's skills are fire based but the color of his projectiles are purple and most of his basic attacks are more focused on both characters.
Special Attacks Edit
- Rekkuzan: Sho shoots a dark purple fire projectiles with the use of his katana.
- Shishouzan: Sho dashes to his opponent and rises diagonally with his katana. Unlike Kayin's Deadly Raise, his move has slight damage. He can also use a forward version of his move as well as his own version of Eiji's Hishouzan.
- Mokurowari: Sho brings his katana down as he somersaults forward and slices his opponent down as his katana hits the ground, it erupts a geyser of energy.
- Invisible Shishouzan: Sho goes in camoflauge to confuse his opponent in invisibility and knocks them with a Hishouzan in a green light. He cannot execute this move when his opponent would easily attack him from behind.
- Shoulder Crush: Sho performs a split kick with a golden light in electric sparkles surrounding him.
- Scottish Moon: Sho performs a somersault kick. In his case he can shoot dark purple fire projectiles in mid-air.
- Diving Kick: Sho jumps and perform a long distance flying kick to his opponent.
- Flaming Thrust Kick: Sho jumps and perform a flying kick to his opponent in flames with a fire embedded on his left leg.
- Jigokumon: Sho rushes to his opponent and multiple slashes to his/her opponent in five hits. Can only be done when the Overdrive meter is full. He can also knocks them with a Shishouzan as an additional blow.
Secret Move Edit
- Double Rekkuzan also known as Enjinshouraha: Sho can shoot two large dark purple fire projectiles to his/her opponent in two slashes.
- Plasma Vortex also known as Enmaresshusai: Sho creates a purple electrical energy that crackles in both of his hands. This ability also drains Sho's life bar when it was used.
- Suicide also known as Harakiri: Sho will stab his own katana to his stomach as his K.O. scream can be heard. His opponent will be damaged despite he himself has more damage than his opponent.
Desperation Move Edit
- Byakki Mosyuken: Sho ready to strike with his katana and multiple slashes his opponent with a punch and a headbutt followed with a Shishouzan. Can only be done when the health bar is flashing red.
- In comparision with Street Fighter, Sho's equivalent is Akuma, given his endless travels in search of a worthy opponent and his past relationship with Eiji, which parallels that between Ryu and Akuma.